14 Insanely Amazing Reasons to Eat Grapes! Part 1
Grapes Are Worth Their Weight In Gold.
I’ve actually avoided giving grapes to my children over the years except on special occasions.
My reasons for this were:
1. Grapes tend to get a lot of mould growing on their skins up and around the stalks.
2. It’s also very hard to remove the pesticides from grapes because they are so fiddly to wash.
I’ve since come up with a great washing system to wipe out these issues. Yep, it may seem OCD, but it works. Find that story here, but first have a look below at why it’s certainly worthwhile eating grapes!
Who would have thought a wee grape could be so powerful!?
1. Vit C, Calcium, Iron and Vit A.
2. Eye sight. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are critical carotenoids which maintain eye sight as we age.
3. Pain Relief. Grapes are known for pain relief, especially used in conjunction with pain killers.
4. Bone & Joint Health.The mineral Boron which is found in Grapes, is believed to promote good bone and joint health.
5. Cancer preventing. They have also been found to have Ellagic acid, which is a natural substance thought to have cancer-preventing properties.
6. Good Heart Health. Promotes heart health by enhancing arterial flexibility & function. Prevents platelet aggregation, which can lead to clot formation.
7. Inhibiting the oxidation of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol
8. Lowers blood pressure
9. Packed with antioxidants and flavonoids. Like Resveratrol, which is in the grapes skin and is fantastic for it’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Antioxidants protect cells by neutralizing the damaging effects of free radical present in the environment, and they reduce oxidative stress, which develops due to chronic diseases.
10. Brest Cancer Risk Reduced. The Resveratrol found in grapes have been found to reduce the risk of breast cancer – not the grapes in a wine though 🙂
11. Fat prevention. If you eat grapes with a high fat meal, research has shown it helped prevent the damaging impact of that meal! Also those people in the research that didn’t eat the grapes were found to have a 50% reduction in blood flow.
12. Colon health. Research showed after 2 weeks of eating 2 1/2 cups of grapes per day, the cancer patients showed a 47% reduction in the genes that promoted tumor growth in the colon.
13. Brain health. Early studies show, by counteracting oxidative stress and inflammation, grapes help prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
14. Prostrate enlargement relief. Grapes reduce and reverse bladder damage caused by a partial obstruction.
Who could ask for more?!
Remember to subscribe so we can let you know when our next feedingkids.tv episode comes out!