Apple Crumble – So Deliciously Easy! 4 Star Healthy Desert
8 – 9 Green Apples
Sprinkle of Brown Sugar
3/4 cup of plain organic flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Peel & chop apples.
3. Place in pot and cover with purified water.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top, add a cup of fresh orange juice.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes or so until soft. The consistency should not be thick or watery.
6. While the apples simmer make the crumble.
7. Add flour, brown sugar and butter to a bowl.
8. Combine with fingers thoroughly until completely mixed in.
9. Transfer cooked apples into a baking dish.
10. Sprinkle the Crumble mixture over the top of the apples in the baking dish.
11. Bake for 30 minutes in moderate heat or until topping looks cooked or slightly browned.
Notes, Tips & Variations
1. You may wish to supplement plain wheat flour with an alternative like; spelt or buckwheat.
2. Add natural vanilla icecream if you wish on special occasions. Otherwise it’s so delicious and sweet , the apple crumble is yummy on it’s own.
Apples are a very good source of dietary Fiber and also give you Vit A, Vit C, Iron and Calcium. Each serving would have at least 1 apple and if you divide the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter between 6 to 8 servings, then this really is a great healthy desert for the kids!
I give this a 4 star rating for it’s healthy desert properties ****
Remember to Subscribe for more great tips and recipes