Published on April 18, 2013 by: admin 0
Delicious Mouthwatering Goodness
500g Borlotti Beans
4 cloves of garlic
Chili flakes (just in case)
Soak the Borlotti beans overnight in a pot of purified water. Rinse out a couple of times refilling with fresh water.
1. Dice onions then brown them in a heated, oiled fry pan.
2. Just before your onions have finished browning, place the diced garlic and red chili in with the onions.
3. After 2 more minutes of browning you can then add 4 to 6 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Let this cook through with the onions and garlic, adding more olive oil if needed. Give this process around 3 minutes. You will know it’s done when you start to smell a delicious aroma coming from your fry pan.
Allowing the tomato paste to cook before adding any fluids, gets rid of the sweet sickly taste that tomato paste can sometimes have.
4. Next dice your fresh tomatoes and add to a large saucepan adding along with it all the ingredients you have just cooked up in the fry pan.
5. After straining your Borlotti beans, add them also to the saucepan.
6. Cover all the ingredients with purified water and allow to simmer softly for a few hours or until the right texture for you.
7. Serve children with a little grated mature cheese on top and a couple of spoons of natural yoghurt.
Notes, tips and variations
You can make double the ingredients and put some in the freezer for the following week. If you cook up twice the ingredients it will give you plenty of baked beans for 2 weeks.