Danger! Mould! - FeedingKids.TVFeedingKids.TV » Blog Archive Danger! Mould! - FeedingKids.TV
Published on April 12, 2013 by: admin 0

Danger! Mould!

SYMPTOMS & HEALTH HAZARDS

• Unexplained fatigue
• Coughing and Wheezing
• Rashes
• Headaches
• Dizziness
• Nausea
• Sensitivity to Chemicals (like the cleaning isle in supermarkets)
• Asthma
• Memory Loss
• Allergic Reactions
• Hypersensitivity Pneumontis – resembles bacterial pneumonia
• Irritant Effects – irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs.
• Shortness of Breath
• Difficulty Concentrating
• Immune System Disturbances
• Muscle and Joint Pain
• Memory problems
• Mood Swings – agitation, anger, panic, or depression.
• Prolonged Exposure to Mould causes Mixed Mould Toxicosis.
• Very Rare – death.

WHAT IS MOULD

Mould is a Fungi. About 20million mould spores can fit onto a postage stamp.  There are hundreds of thousands of different types of these fungi’s. They can be defined by how they affect humans as:
Allergenic Moulds: These don’t usually produce life-threatening effects but are very problematic if you are allergic or asthmatic. Children exposed to Mould are very susceptible and have an increased risk of developing allergies later in life.
Pathogenic Moulds: These produce some sort of infection, which is of particular concern if your immune system is suppressed. They can cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an acute response resembling bacterial pneumonia.
Toxigenic Moulds:These produce mycotoxins, which can have serious health effects on almost anyone. Possible reactions include immunosuppression and cancer. Mycotoxins are chemical toxins present within or on the surface of the mold spore, which you then unwittingly inhale, ingest, or touch. An example of this is aflatoxin, one of the most potent carcinogens known to mankind. Aflatoxin grows on peanuts and grains, and on some other foods.
The 5 most common indoor Mould species out of the above group are:  Alternaria; Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Penicillium and the worst being Stachybotrys (nicknamed ‘black mould’).
The worst of all of these are the moulds like that release mycotoxins. Including Stachybotrys, Penicillium and Aspergillus.
Some mycotoxins are so poisonous that they were studied and developed as biological warfare agents as far back as the 1940s. Aflatoxin and trichothecenes are some examples.
When ingested, inhaled, or absorbed through skin, mycotoxins may reduce appetite, general performance and cause sickness or death in some cases.
Mycotoxins also contaminate grains and other food products across the globe and can significantly impact human health. They can be found growing on grains before harvest and in storage. Peanuts and corn produce the deadly Aflatoxin.
Mould actually eats whatever it is growing on. Have you even seen a house left abandoned and crumbling? This is usually because mould has eaten it over the years. Mould can eat through cement. It is an insane fungi that has the immense ability to survive and do catastrophic damage to people health and their belongings.

CAUSES, PREVENTION & CLEAN UP

NB***When you are cleaning up mould you must be careful because as you disturb mould it releases lots of mycotoxins into the air. You must always wear welding glasses, a very good quality disposable chemical mask, gloves, earplugs and have your body covered. This information on mould remediation I got when I called the Australian CSIRO.
• Moisture Control. Get rid of the source of the moisture. You must fix anything that has been creating moisture like; leaky taps, sinks and roofs.
• Mould cannot grow without moisture.
• Heating your home during the winter months can also create mould. It causes condensation (moisture) on windowsills and windows.
• Buy the best Dehumidifier and move it around from room to room.
• Buy the best air purifier and leave it on.
• Always ventilate your home. Use a fan in areas of your home that have no windows.
• Buy mould and spore proof pillow covers to put on your pillows under their normal pillowcases.
• Only ever clean mould with vinegar.
• After my own extensive research, I have concluded that, vinegar, sunshine and an ozone machine are the only things that can kill mould. Vinegar eats the mould. Bleach does not kill mould, in fact it only makes it invisible and by rubbing the mould with your bleach will cause the mould to release it’s poisonous mycotoxins. Don’t believe people when they tell you to wash in bleach! Even some government sites suggest you use bleach, but the CSIRO and mould remedial specialists I have met over the years have told me bleach doesn’t kill mould and I believe them.
• You must throw out anything infected with mould. Sorry but you just have to throw it all out. Anything, which looks mouldy or smells musty or mouldy.
• The reason for this is, once mould has got it’s roots into something, it is impossible to get it out. The only thing that kills mould truly is the sunshine and the ozone machine and neither of them can go inside the fibre of a book or the fabric of some clothing or doona, let alone burrow into your houses brick or wooden roof or walls.
• Even if you manage to kill the mould, it is recommended the mould be removed since the mycotoxins which cause a reaction in humans, are still present even in dead mould. Whether or not the spores are alive, the allergens in and on them may remain allergenic and poisonous for years. Many spores can lie dormant for decades until favourable conditions allow them to spring back to life.
• If it’s in your house you need to fix what is causing the moisture and then cut out any affected areas and repatch.
• To prevent Mould exposure from food, don’t buy and also please discard any food that has mould growths on it. Even if a block of cheese has a little bit showing on the side, it is actually already throughout the whole block of cheese. You just can’t see it. The same goes for mouldy bread. If one piece has mould the whole loaf must be discarded.
• Keep the inside of the refrigerator very clean. Use vinegar and keep your dishcloths, towels, sponges and mops very clean, fresh and dry also.
• Go on an alkaline diet. You can find a list of these foods on my alkaline blog. Avoid any mould feeding foods.

BACK TO GOOD HEALTH

• Fix your house
• If you can’t fix your house, MOVE OUT
• Air Purifier
• Dehumidifier
• Water Purifier
• Build up your immune system
• Heal and balance your intestinal flora

To achieve this:
• Stay away form antibiotics, antifungal drugs, steroids and cortisone
• Take massive daily doses of Probiotics
• Go on an alkaline diet
• Boost your Vit D intake – Vitamin D reduces production of a protein driving the allergic response to mould and increases production of the proteins that promote tolerance.
• Omega-3 fats
• Stay away foods which feed mould: Sugar, Barley, Old food, Hard cheeses, Cottonseed, Peanuts, Rye Wheat, Alcohol, Corn, Sorghum – in grain products and alcohol
• Eat or Juice lots of: Garlic and Ginger

 

All these sites below were a fantastic source of information;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxs_zAYXIU&list=PLD032460C67F32076

http://www.epa.gov/mold/append_b.html

http://www.schoolmoldhelp.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1092

http://www.cbwinfo.com/Biological/Toxins/mycotoxins.html

http://www.mold-help.org/content/view/667/

http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/cproot/2887/2/Mould%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2099/12/31/fungus-hiding-in-your-house-and-making-you-ill.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/01/recovery-from-toxic-mold-exposure.aspx

About the Author

admin

No Comments Yet

Leave a Comment

Similar