Healthy Kids Treats – Chocolate Dipped Strawberries For Halloween!
Fastest, Easiest, Healthy Kids Treat
I bet you all already know this one! So this is just a little reminder. I’m constantly forgetting to use this treat which is crazy as it’s just such an easy, simple, fast and healthy kids treat. It’s great for anytime of the year but being Halloween you can even put a ghostly touch to it!
Not to mention they are a cure to the constant mental blank of what to put that’s healthy in the kids school lunches. Well you can’t get a healthy kids treat that’s better than this. Imagine a store of these to use through the week. You can have fun making them together with the kids on the weekend and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for the school week ahead. Just make sure the kiddies don’t eat them all on the spot 🙂
Chocolate – *see below for healthiest chocolate choices.
1. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. Break up the chocolate you have chosen and pop into a heat proof bowl.
3. Heat up some water in a saucepan. Once it is simmering. Pop the bowl over the saucepan so it’s sitting on top.
4. Allow the heat from the water to rise and melt the chocolate in the bowl. Don’t leave it, but stir easily until it’s all melted.
5. Turn the heat off and start dipping the strawberries. You can use a toothpick in the end of the strawberries to help hold them as you dip or just grab the stems.
6. After dipping the strawberries give them a swirl to remove excess chocolate before laying out on the baking paper.
7. Once they have cooled for a minute or two, you can sprinkle with grated coconut, nuts or anything you wish.
*Halloween – I saw this fab idea on the net, they used white chocolate and drew scary ghost faces on them with dark chocolate. Great Halloween twist!
Notes, Tips & Variations
The best way to keep this healthy is to make sure you scrub the strawberries, removing all the pesticides that get trapped on their little hairs.
Also, the choice of chocolate makes a massive difference. Try to avoid the junky chocolate full of preservatives, artificial colours, flavours and copious amounts of sugar or fats. Some brands of chocolate the kids and I love are: Green & Blacks Organic or Cocolo Organic. But there are so many organic, affordable chocolate out there you are bound to find a brand in your country that’s just as good.
Remember to Subscribe up there on the right of this page & Get the Latest Episode Releases!
Strawberry image courtesy of luigi diamanti at FreeDigitalPhotos.net